Holly is available to tutor in the CBD, Ponsonby, Grey Lynn, Westmere, Point Chevalier. She tutors in student's homes, but is also able to meet at the Central City Library and the Point Chevalier Library.
Education experience and achievements
I am in my fourth year at the University of Auckland, where I am studying both a Bachelor of Science in Logic and Computation and a Bachelor of Arts double majoring in Philosophy and Greek. I went through the NCEA system at high school. Some of my academic and extracurricular achievements include:
- passing the NZQA English scholarship exam aged 16
- during school, sitting an English paper through Massey University
- Excellence endorsement in NCEA levels 2 and 3 for English, French, Biology and Chemistry
- 2012 Francis Shield for love of learning
- winner of intermediate and senior piano cup
- winner of 2011 Baradene music competition
- soloist with Baradene orchestra and chamber orchestra
- Baradene organ scholarship
I have spent the past six years tutoring a range of ages, from primary school children to adults, in subjects ranging from French to Biology to music. Most of my tutoring has been independent, but I have occasionally worked with agencies. I have always been passionate about my own learning and helping foster that same passion in my students is, to me, the most rewarding experience. My ultimate career goal is to become a lecturer, so I am constantly trying to grow and improve as a teacher and I find I often end up learning as much from my students as they learn from me.
I have tutored a number of students long term, including some with learning difficulties including autism, ADHD, audio processing disorder and dyslexia.